Making a booking:
When you book with Sydney By Seaplane we will ask you for the following information:
• The names and weights of the passengers.
• A mobile phone number that will be in use on the day of the flight (just in case we need to contact you about weather conditions or scheduling matters).
• An email address, or fax, or postal address so that we can send a confirmation letter.
• Credit Card details to secure the booking. We do not process the payment until the day before the flight.
• Once those details are provided and we have made your booking at the restaurant (if applicable) we then prepare a letter of confirmation to send to you. This letter contains information about your flights, dates, locations, contact numbers, payment details and terms and conditions.
For bookings for large groups
Bookings for large groups require payment well in advance. Once the details (as described above) are provided and we have made your booking at the restaurant (if applicable) we then prepare a letter of confirmation to send to you. This letter contains information about your flights, dates, locations, contact numbers, payment details and terms and conditions.
Minimum Passenger Numbers:
We need 2 adult fares to introduce a flight.
We will do our very best to accommodate single travellers on existing flights.
^back to top
Restaurant fly and dine experiences
• We make the reservation for you if you are flying to the
Cottage Point Inn, Berowra Waters Inn, the Catalina Restaurant or
the Pier Restaurant. We can make reservations at other destinations
if you wish.
• Where we include the meal in the ticket price, this offers
you full choice of the three course menu. There are no restrictions
and there is not a “set menu” for seaplane guests. The
“package” price does not cover beverages other than
tea/coffee, so before you depart the restaurant you will need to
settle your bar bill directly.
• Please note that our restaurant flights are for lunch only.
We can offer one way flights to either Palm Beach, Berowra Waters
Inn or Cottage Point Inn, however, the flights need to be well before
dusk to ensure plenty of daylight for the return flight to base.
The price for one way flights varies and you will need to phone
our office for a quote.
• Berowra Waters Inn:Please note that the Berowra Waters
area can sometimes be a challenging location for seaplanes. In certain
weather conditions, it may not be possible for the seaplane to enter/depart
the area. The Pilot In Command will assess conditions on the day
of your flights, and if necessary we will contact you to discuss
alternative arrangements for your transfers.
^back to top
Getting to/from Rose Bay
Please note that we do not offer transfers from/to your hotel.
You can get to our seaplane base from the city by ferry. Ferries
depart from Circular Quay. It is a good idea to check at the ferry
terminal at Circular Quay to get correct information about which
service/s will connect with your flight departure/arrival. When
you arrive at Rose Bay, you will need to walk right as you disembark,
and follow the sea wall back towards the city for about 5 minutes
- and the Rose Bay Marina is the first building you will come to.
The Rose Bay Marina complex sits underneath the Pier Restaurant
- and is at 594 New South Head Road.
A water taxi from Circular Quay or Darling Harbour is a very efficient
way of getting to Rose Bay, although more expensive than a land
taxi. The water taxi can drop you at the Rose Bay Marina.
If you are getting a (land) taxi to the seaplane - please don't
mention "seaplanes" as the driver is likely to take you
to the wrong location. Just give the driver the address of the Rose
Bay Marina (Pier Restaurant) 594 New South Head Road, Rose Bay.
If you need a taxi when you arrive back at Rose Bay please arrange
this yourself. You should ask Steve or Jenny for an accurate ETA
and pre-order the taxi. Please don't ask Steve or Jenny to make
these arrangements on your behalf, as we are usually on a very tight
turn-around schedule and do not have the time to make the calls.
Often it is more effective to hail a cab on New South Head Road
to get you back to the city.
^back to top